We are hiring
Join our team at CBS Packaging
Join our team here at CBS Packaging. We are currently hiring for numerous positions at both our Birmingham and Essex plants.
Browse below the current vacancies we have available and the options on how to apply. We look forward to meeting you.
- Machine Operators(s) (Essex)
- CAD Packaging Designer
- Mechanical Engineer (Essex)
- Quality, Health and Safety, Environmental Manager (QSE Manager)
- Customer Services Administrator (Manchester)
- Business Development Manager (Birmingham)
- Corrugator Team Leader (Birmingham)
Location : CBS South – Benfleet, Essex
Job Title Machine Operator
Overall purpose of the Job
Responsible for all activities associated with running box making machines including setup, operation, cleanup, and continuous improvement to operations.
The machine Operator works within a team to operate the machine in a safe, efficient, and reliable manner. The position holder will follow all pertinent ISO 9001 procedures & processes as well as Health & Safety standards and rules.
- Set-up print and die cut sections of die cutter in accordance with proper setup techniques
- Ensure all bolts on cutting dies are in place and tightly secured
- Inspect anilox rolls for damage, before and after each run
- Inspect all dies before and after run to ensure that any necessary repairs are made before the next run
- Monitor box quality, including, but not limited to delamination, warp, correct size, and print
- Hand in maintenance work orders to management for needed repairs
- Adheres to production schedule and makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals. Reports any unusual scheduling issues to Manager
- Maximize the utilization of equipment by operating the machinery at available capacity and speed
- Maintain at all times the machine at expected housekeeping standards
- Follow all safety rules and procedures
- Troubleshoot when operating issue on machine occur
- Assists other departments and/or areas as requested by management
- Participates in any extra curriculum (training & development) activity deemed necessary by management
- Train other colleagues to pass on knowledge & expertise
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Basic computer skills for data entry
- Some box machine production experience preferred but training will be given
- Must be able to read, write and speak in English
- Good interpersonal & communication skills
- Highly organized, detail orientated and self-motivated individual (proactive attitude)
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment, learn quickly and follow established processes
- Good mathematical skills – understand basic algebra, able to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, volume etc. (add and subtract numbers, multiply and divide by 10’s and 100’s…)
Complexity and Creativity
- Ability to define problems, collect data/facts (observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources) and draw reasonable conclusions
- Ability to deal with various situations
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Judgment and Decision making
- Capable of prioritizing multiple tasks and deliver on tight deadlines
- Able to interpret a variety of instructions
- Able to provide and communicate sound information to Management
This position does not involve any supervisory responsibilities.
To successfully perform the essential functions of this role it requires the ability to: stand constantly, walk constantly, frequent use of hands (reach with hands and arms), view computer monitor, speak and hear on a frequent basis. The role requires lifting up to 23kgs. Vision abilities required to include close vision, distance vision, colour vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
To apply for this role, please forward your CV and details to Dave Pretty (DaveP@cbspackaging.co.uk)
CAD Packaging Designer
Location : West Bromwich
Do you enjoy taking a brief and easily find an innovative solution? Are you able to think outside the box while working to deadlines? Do you have experience in operating CAD software partially in the Cardboard Packaging industry? If so, then this could be right for you!
An opportunity has arisen for a CAD Designer to work alongside the Design Manager to produce drawings and mock-ups of packaging solutions to meet client briefs. The ideal Designer should have the ability to innovatively create bespoke 2D drawings and work with company drawings using CAD/CAM software and machinery.
This is a great opportunity for a creative individual, preferably with CAD/CAM experience, who is looking to join a forward-thinking company specialising in corrugated cardboard packaging.
For further information or to apply, please contact Katie via email: CAD@cbspackaging.co.uk
• Preferred CAD knowledge and a keen interest in design and manufacture
• Good organisation skills required to archive all paperwork and drawings
• Effective communication skills required for interaction with in-house teams and customers
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Good numeracy and computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
• Working closely with Sales and in some cases directly with Clients to advise and convert customer ideas to finished articles
• Using Kasemake CAD software to produce CAD drawings of standard FEFCO style packaging and customised designs
• Producing samples for presentation to clients and production approval using a Kasemake CAD table
• Ensure the correct CAD specification files are supplied to customers and Sales team
• Input all relevant data onto the CAD database
• Carry out regular maintenance on equipment and tools
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Overall Job Objective:
Performs mechanical planned and reactive maintenance support cross a wide range of cardboard manufacturing equipment.
• Your main duties will include, all mechanical preventative and corrective maintenance, including machine repairs, fault finding, lifting mechanisms, waste systems, hydraulics and conveyor systems, as well as machinery diagnosis and repairs.
• Attend daily/weekly team support meetings where required and provide feedback on maintenance
related issues to operating teams.
• Work to and help create PM schedules and undertake any corrective actions assigned by the Group Operations Manager and Production Manager.
• Report maintenance downtime issues as well as analysing equipment to improve performance.
• Undertake and lead small improvement programs as and when required.
• Take responsibility in assigned areas of ownership and provide a monthly progress report.
• You will also be required to identify critical spares for designated machines and refurbish
spares as required.
• Undertake administration responsibilities within the role and liaise with manufacturers and
suppliers as required.
• You will also be required to work in a safe manner following all company policies and
procedures and ensure all safety systems are in working order.
• Primarily this role will be working on a day shift Monday-Friday but there could be some weekend work required agreed in advance.
• Carry out any other reasonable requests as directed from the Group Operations Manager and Production Manager.
Mandatory Required Qualifications:
• Qualified multi-disciplined Engineer City& Guilds in Mechanical or equivalent.
• Minimum of 5 years Post Apprenticeship Experience.
• Lathe/Milling machine operation
• FMCG Environment, Corrugated or Paper would be advantageous.
• Mandatory English
Skills required for the Position:
• Impact and Influence
• Commitment to CBS Group
• Health and Safety
• Analytical Thinking
Please send all CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this role.
Job Title: Quality, Health and Safety, Environmental Manager (QSE Manager)
- To co-ordinate, support and advise the Business on all aspects with regards to Health and Safety. To establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health and Safety within CBS and CPS are adhered to.
- Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations. (SSOW)
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Co-ordinate the development of health & safety policies, systems of work and procedures.
- Ensure full and accurate health and safety and training records are maintained.
- Establish a full programme of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks.
- Establish a structured programme of health & safety training throughout the Company.
- Liaise with external health & safety consultants in the provision of training programmes and health and safety services.
- Manage and devise the agenda for, chair and formulate & distribute minutes for the Health & Safety Committee meetings. Ensure that all agreed action points are completed within deadlines.
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business.
- Provide regular reports to the Human Resources Manager, Board of Directors/Senior Management Team on relevant health and safety activities.
- Participate in monthly meetings when required to report on relevant health & safety matters.
- Liaise with suppliers i.e. Insurers, solicitors etc
- Be the liaison and support on quality issues for customers – visits, surveys, participation in projects, handling claims, etc…
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.
- Control Quality system and provide reports each month.
- Control and run FSC accreditation for CBS West Bromwich.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed in the future depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels
Qualifications & Experience
At least 2 years recent and relevant experience in a similar role
IOSH Managing Safely certificate
NEBOSH (General Certificate) qualified or working towards NEBOSH certificate accreditation.
NEBOSH Environmental Certificate
Provision of advice to managers/supervisors
Handling of H&S investigations
Experience of formulating, implementing and revising H&S policies and procedures
Understanding of BRC/BSI 9001/18001/FSC
Member of institute of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH)
Please send all CV’s to email@example.com to apply for this role.
Job Title : Customer Services Administrator
Location : Eccles, Manchester
Please note this job is a 1 year fixed contract to cover maternity leave.
Main Function of Job
The primary point of contact for our existing customers, ensuring their needs are met and concerns are addressed.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
- Skills and experience required
|Skills and experience|
Business Development Manager
Location : Birmingham
Main function of job
To create new business opportunities within a geographical area for cardboard boxes
• Develop and implement effective business development strategies to identify and secure new clients and partnerships.
Skills and experience
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
• 2 years plus experience of face to face sales out in the field
• Company car
Please contact Mani@cbspackaging.co.uk to apply and further details.
Corrugator Team Leader
Location: West Bromwich, Birmingham
Overall Job Objective
To take the lead in running and maintaining the corrugator at optimum speed ensuring that all maintenance and cleaning schedules are carried out in accordance with the manufacture’s recommendations, full starch kitchen knowledge and understanding of starch and process and full understanding of paper and warehouse.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve target Lineal meters, waste and downtime for shift
- To see that all planning of maintenance is carried out according to schedule
- To achieve a reduction in corrugator waste set by yearly budget figures.
- Work with team and department to achieve safe working environment
- Maintain the cleanliness of the area by adopting the clean as you go policy
- Ensure machine is crewed to optimum by effective use of resource and holiday planning
- Accountable for quality of product produced on your shift
- Working with team to identify and drive improvements and Company initiatives as required
- Training and developing team members.
- Excellent coaching and communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Decisive Decision maker.
- Strong team player.
- Forward planning skills
- Flexible and Adaptable
Please contact DaveP@cbspackaging.co.uk to apply.