We are hiring
Join our team at CBS Packaging
Join our team here at CBS Packaging. We are currently hiring for numerous positions at both our Birmingham and Essex plants.
Browse below the current vacancies we have available and the options on how to apply. We look forward to meeting you.
Location : CBS South – Benfleet, Essex
Job Title Machine Operator
Overall purpose of the Job
Responsible for all activities associated with running box making machines including setup, operation, cleanup, and continuous improvement to operations.
The machine Operator works within a team to operate the machine in a safe, efficient, and reliable manner. The position holder will follow all pertinent ISO 9001 procedures & processes as well as Health & Safety standards and rules.
- Set-up print and die cut sections of die cutter in accordance with proper setup techniques
- Ensure all bolts on cutting dies are in place and tightly secured
- Inspect anilox rolls for damage, before and after each run
- Inspect all dies before and after run to ensure that any necessary repairs are made before the next run
- Monitor box quality, including, but not limited to delamination, warp, correct size, and print
- Hand in maintenance work orders to management for needed repairs
- Adheres to production schedule and makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals. Reports any unusual scheduling issues to Manager
- Maximize the utilization of equipment by operating the machinery at available capacity and speed
- Maintain at all times the machine at expected housekeeping standards
- Follow all safety rules and procedures
- Troubleshoot when operating issue on machine occur
- Assists other departments and/or areas as requested by management
- Participates in any extra curriculum (training & development) activity deemed necessary by management
- Train other colleagues to pass on knowledge & expertise
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Basic computer skills for data entry
- Some box machine production experience preferred but training will be given
- Must be able to read, write and speak in English
- Good interpersonal & communication skills
- Highly organized, detail orientated and self-motivated individual (proactive attitude)
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment, learn quickly and follow established processes
- Good mathematical skills – understand basic algebra, able to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, volume etc. (add and subtract numbers, multiply and divide by 10’s and 100’s…)
Complexity and Creativity
- Ability to define problems, collect data/facts (observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources) and draw reasonable conclusions
- Ability to deal with various situations
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Judgment and Decision making
- Capable of prioritizing multiple tasks and deliver on tight deadlines
- Able to interpret a variety of instructions
- Able to provide and communicate sound information to Management
This position does not involve any supervisory responsibilities.
To successfully perform the essential functions of this role it requires the ability to: stand constantly, walk constantly, frequent use of hands (reach with hands and arms), view computer monitor, speak and hear on a frequent basis. The role requires lifting up to 23kgs. Vision abilities required to include close vision, distance vision, colour vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
To apply for this role, please forward your CV and details to Dave Pretty (DaveP@cbspackaging.co.uk)
CAD Packaging Designer
Location : West Bromwich
Do you enjoy taking a brief and easily find an innovative solution? Are you able to think outside the box while working to deadlines? Do you have experience in operating CAD software partially in the Cardboard Packaging industry? If so, then this could be right for you!
An opportunity has arisen for a CAD Designer to work alongside the Design Manager to produce drawings and mock-ups of packaging solutions to meet client briefs. The ideal Designer should have the ability to innovatively create bespoke 2D drawings and work with company drawings using CAD/CAM software and machinery.
This is a great opportunity for a creative individual, preferably with CAD/CAM experience, who is looking to join a forward-thinking company specialising in corrugated cardboard packaging.
For further information or to apply, please contact Katie via email: CAD@cbspackaging.co.uk
• Preferred CAD knowledge and a keen interest in design and manufacture
• Good organisation skills required to archive all paperwork and drawings
• Effective communication skills required for interaction with in-house teams and customers
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Good numeracy and computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
• Working closely with Sales and in some cases directly with Clients to advise and convert customer ideas to finished articles
• Using Kasemake CAD software to produce CAD drawings of standard FEFCO style packaging and customised designs
• Producing samples for presentation to clients and production approval using a Kasemake CAD table
• Ensure the correct CAD specification files are supplied to customers and Sales team
• Input all relevant data onto the CAD database
• Carry out regular maintenance on equipment and tools